Oil change on your own???

I am in Long Island, NY. I have actually been thinking of moving to NC, but not for a few years. Know any cheap but nice condos? I don't like too much heat, so maybe your brittle cans should give me a hint.

Reply to
jtees4

I have already ordered two more online from Hyundai online which is web site for a H dealer in Springfield Mass. I got them for 6.32 each, also ordered cabin air filters from him at 22.45 each.

Reply to
Deck

What is the url? The Hyundai online store that I bought a case of oil filters from and just recently a set of shop manuals is in Renton, WA (Lithia Hyundai). They have been great to deal with, but I could save some shipping costs buying from MA. I paid $20 to have the manuals sent, but then again, they and the box weighed 16 lbs!!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Also try

(IE needed)This covers your local dealers.

Reply to
1

That is weird. That is the same place I've ordered from and both times the orders came from Lithia Hyundai in Washington state and I live in PA.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Why is it that I can not find '06 filters there? Where are they hiding them? I can't find anything useful there on the 06 Sonata.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

they don't show up on their web site, but if you email them or call, you will get them. some of the parts come from lithia but when I called, I asked where they were and they said Spflg Mass!!!

Deck

Maybe Lithia is a nationwide chain of dealers or some such. Both my oil filters and my manuals came from WA according to the UPS labels.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

well...guess what? I now find I ordered the filters from another web site that I cannot find at the present. I did order mudguards from Hyundaipartsonline and they came from Renton!!! will advise further when I get it straight!

Reply to
Deck

OK I found it web site is:

have coupon on the site for free shipping on filters!

Reply to
Deck

What did you pay for your filters? I don't see prices listed at this site. Here's what I paid at Lithia Hyundai, in Renton. As you can see, the price on the filters and crush rings was pretty good at less than $5 per filter and crush ring. My local dealer charges $10 just for a filter. I didn't buy a crush ring for my first change so I don't know the dealer cost on that. With tax, I paid $10.75 for a single filter. So for 10 of them, I'd have paid $107.50 locally and that is without crush rings. Even with the shipping, the internet deal was pretty good!

Matt

2006 Hyundai Sonata GL with 2.4L 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual transmission

Products

1 x Oil Filter (Case Lots) (26300-35501) = $49.94 Option 1 Oil Crush Ring (Pkg 10)

------------------------------------------------------ Sub-Total: $49.94 Major Shipping Courier (1 x 12lbs) (Ground): $12.18 Total: $62.12

Reply to
Matt Whiting

these were filters for the 3.3L v-6: oil 6.65, air 10.26, cabin air 22.46. no shipping. I just emailed them and they gave me quote, I then called the 800 number and ordered by phone and told them of the Free shipping coupon. I bought oil filter here at dealer for 8.32 net. crush ring was 92 cents here. S. Calif

Reply to
Deck

I'm on the coast. It's not real hot here during the summer, and it's not real cold here during the winter. Beats BGM, NY which is where I'm from.... No more roof rakes! Look at this:

Anyway, that plastic in the sun thing is because the UV is fairly strong here.

As far as condos, try

Bob

I worked for the better part of two years in Wilmington and found the summers pretty uncomfortable due as much to the humidity as the heat. I live not far from BGM (about 50 miles west) and find it much more pleasant here. Wilmington was a sprint from AC in the car to AC in the plant to AC in the restaurant to AC in the hotel! :-)

Is the Trails End restaurant still in operation? I always liked that place. The original was even better prior to the fire, but the new one is a little more classy I guess.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Thanks for the info.