Oil filter location 99 Lantra

I hate to post this, but I hope I am just blind and not thick. I have rebuilt several engines in my time, from bike to light truck. But this has me beat.
If somebody can tell me where the darn thing is I would be very grateful.

OK
You can only get at it from from underneath. Safely get the car up enough so you can crawl under and you'll see it back towards the firewall more on the passenger side in a recess in thebelly plate
wrote stuff and I replied:
OK. Thanks. I have to admit that I was at the local supplier, and did not have a lift facility.
I did lie down and have a look, but it sounds like it needs a lift.
TA
I will try again.

The oil filter is under the alternator, not by the firewall.
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:53:19 -0400, "hyundaitech"
OK. Thanks. I know the general area to look now. I had looked underneath, but EW engines are new to me. I was working on my old man's car (mitsubishi), and the starter motor was riight at the back. Just did not feel right.

What you want to do is go to www.hmaservice.com and sign up for a free account. Then be sure you have the proper picture viewer (see "Site Requirements") from Adobe. (also free). Then you can not only find the filter, you will find all sorts of nifty information for a DIY guy.
wrote stuff and I replied:

Thanks Edwin. I will take a look at that!