Oil filter wrench

After using Bosch oil filters for the first 30,000 miles on my 06 Sonata, I just switched to Hyundai filters because my dealer had them at a reasonable
$5 each. One problem - I noticed that the diameter of the filter doesn't fit any of my filter wrenches/sockets (what ever you want to call them). I envision this to be a problem when I go to take it off next time. Please don't tell me you need a special Hyundai part #1243414311 to remove the filter. Because it's up inside the bottom windage tray that is bolted on with a dozen bolts, I don't think I can get one of my old style strap wrenches around it. What do others use? I thought I had every size wrench/socket they make.
Tom
I have a three-fingered 3/8" square drive wrench I purchased at Sears. Craftsman #47064. It'll grab almost any filter.
Thanks, I'll have to look for that one. Does it close up like a three jawed chuck? Now I can use my Sears gift cards that I'm bound to get for Christmas. :o)

It's not quite the same, but the principle is similar. There are three arms that close together when the center fixture is turned. It reverses, too, but I wouldn't recommend using this (or, typically any) wrench to tighten filters. The fingers tend to dimple the oil filter and could cause a leak.
I used my hand, it should never be tighter than hand tight.

Do I answer this one???? OK
Yes, you never put ON a filter more than hand tight. Getting it off can quite often require much more torque. Plus the filter in question is sequestered up inside of a cavity where you really can't twist very well.

Tom wrote:

I bought a wrench that has three fingers that will adjust to almost any size spin-on filter. I stick it on a 3/8" drive extension and it is easy to loosen the filter.
Matt