Oil pan 97 Elantra 1.8 motor - Do I have to drop the exzust pipe :(

I have a 97 Elantra with a 1.8 motor, 5 sp. 160K miles I am in the middle of replacing the oil pan and need to know if there is a way around removing the exzust pipe. The motor brace and mounts were not too bad but I wonder about the exzust pipe.

I can't remove the oil pan. The crank shaft and exzust pipe are making it a pain!!

Any help would be appreated. Thanks

Reply to
kjones1200

You'll need to at least partially drop the exhaust. You could try just taking the pipe loose from the manifold and seeing if you can sneak the pan out.

Reply to
hyundaitech