Opinion on 2002 Sonata

If it's a 2.4L four cylinder, you should be very interested in whether the timing belt has been replaced and should definitely drive the car to see whether the vibration at idle is acceptable, especially with the a/c on.

The recommended interval on all Hyundai timing belts is 4 years or 60k miles, but the 2.4 is especially prone to eating belts, and significant engine damage could occur if it strips or breaks.

Many people complain about the vibration at idle.

Otherwise, drive it and check it out like any other car before purchase.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 2002 Sonata. I find the price interesting for the equipment? I heard good comment about the Elantra, so I am wondering if I should be aware of anything. Would you buy one?

Thanks

Reply to
Bobby