Opinion on 2002 Sonata V6 Canadian

hi the 1994 sonata that i had asked about before was sold. i have now found this one. 2002 sonata v6 automatic(shifttronic). 107000kms and the timing belt has not been changed yet.
what is the opinion of the 2.7 engine in the sonata?anything i should be aware of? i called the hyundai dealer and they said the timing belt chould be changed right away as the interval is 960000kms. anyway any opinions would be appreciated. thanks as always jeff
If the timing belt hasn't been replaced, I would wonder what other maintenance has been neglected.

This engine is *very* reliable. Good choice overall. As four door sedans go, this is one of the better choices.
As for the timing belt, you're not likely to have any problems soon. I've never seen one break, even in cars with 100,000 miles (160,000km) on the original belt. By the same token, it should be replaced. As time goes on, the mileage (already about 7,000 km over) and time (two years over) have a greater and greater chance of causing a problem.
The Gilkies wrote:

We have a 2002 and find it the most reliable vehicle ever. Plenty of sip for our needs and the split rear fold down seats have been very useful, Only wish the passenger side had electric seats but that is small matter.