opinions of the Genesis?

Hyundai doesn't sell the Genesis in Australia, where there are already large RWD sedans. They will be introducing it next year (maybe expecting the Falcon to shut down). Who has driven one? Is it just a luxo-barge? Is it good value, compared to say BMW, Lexus and Cadillac?

Reply to
116e32s

Think LS460 and you pretty much got it. I'm not sure what else you could want in a car except self-drive. I've spent a lot of time on the road in 11 months I've owned mine and the adaptive cruise control is absolutely magnificent except on the most mountainous of terrains where the curves are very short/tight. The lane-departure warning has grabbed my attention when I was not paying the attention I should have been paying. Navigation (in North America) is as good as any but the input format sequence is a bit of nuisance and updates are expensive. It's a lot of car for the money if you get the technology package. And it has a 19 Gallon fuel tank which, at highway speeds and efficiency give you 500 miles of range. The Toyota Avalon Limited has many of the same features available if you add all the options but it has a much smaller trunk. On the other hand, the Avalon FWD and also has no pedal lag on the accelerator; the Genesis has about 0.5 second of lag; not terrible but it can be annoying and is probably the most annoying Genesis peculiarity. (My XG300 also had the same lag.) The transmission shifts cannot be felt and the cabin noise is very, very low. Cheers

Reply to
J. Fred Riley