Opinions on Santa Fe or Tucson?

I currently have a 2003 Santa Fe GLS. We're looking to trade it in and I'm trying to decide between a 2007 Santa Fe GLS or Tucson SE. I'm looking for
the AWD with automatic transmission with the 2.7L engine. We'll be checking them both out at a dealership, but I was curious what others in the group thought of them.
After researching on Edmunds.com and other sites, it looks the Tucson is pretty close to my current Santa Fe (slightly smaller cargo area), while the new Santa Fe is a step up.
My wife likes the idea of a possible 3rd row seating on the Santa Fe, but from the reviews I've seen they're not really that usable unless you have kids. We have one child (16 year old), but we have lots of local family (parents, aunts, uncles, etc.) and occasionally do the driving to different functions, so the 3rd row might be a good thing to have.
I also use the car to haul items for home projects (lumber, mulch, etc.) so having the extra room in the Santa Fe might be useful, but I'm not sure it justifies the $4K price difference.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Mike O.

That is the main difference.. Only you and your banker know that. How do you like the ride differences? Have you driven both the same day?
We're planning to visit the dealer on Saturday. One issue in the whole decision to trade in is that I'm right about at 60K miles, and I'm looking at the $1,000 worth of required service. It's a lease that I will be turning in next year anyway, so I figure I'd rather put the $1,000 toward a new vehicle now.
I figure any information, thoughts, or opinions on the models would be a help.
Mike O.
wrote in message

Mike O wrote:

FWIW:
I've just replaced my 96 Jeep GC Ltd with an '07 Santa Fe Ltd AWD w/3rd row. Interior and cargo is actually larger. I dropped some 36x72" screens to be repaired with the Jeep and had to angle them to get them in from the read entry and still the rested on top of the front seat head rests. Driving them there was silly with my head almost out the window.
I picked them up with the replacement Santa Fe. Put the seats flat, slid all the screens in FLAT and closed the rear lift gate. Plenty of room.
This past weekend I drove around some visiting relatives. Four adults and two children but one adult was always in the 3rd seat area. Other than waiting for the middle passenger to flip the seat to allow egress, no room problems at all. And it includes a read A/C for good control.
Bottom line... go for the Santa Fe.
Good luck.