(OT) Inexpensive Usenet options

Hi,
My ISP recently dropped newsgroups, and after some trial & error I found a decent backup. They may be worth a look if you've also lost Usenet access
and aren't excited with free alternatives like Google.
For $2 month I get binary & text groups, NNTP & Web access, newsgroup search, and SSL encryption. They also offer a free 2 day trial so you can check them out prior to getting a membership...
http://newsguy.com/mini.htm
~Paul
Do they carry the binary groups, or just text groups?
| Do they carry the binary groups, or just text groups?
Don't expect binary groups with any decent download quota for free. If you want binaries but don't download regularly enough for a monthly account at Giganews, try astraweb: only $25 for a 180 GB block.
iws wrote:

Where did that link say that anything was free, dumbass..
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley wrote:

Are you stupid or just too lazy to use the link he provided? I suspect both...

Thanks for your helpful reply. I had actually taken a quick look at the site, but had not initially spotted a list of supported newsgroups. Closer examination just now indicates that they do indeed aparently provide access to about 25 binary groups.