(OT) Inexpensive Usenet options

Hi,

My ISP recently dropped newsgroups, and after some trial & error I found a decent backup. They may be worth a look if you've also lost Usenet access and aren't excited with free alternatives like Google.

For $2 month I get binary & text groups, NNTP & Web access, newsgroup search, and SSL encryption. They also offer a free 2 day trial so you can check them out prior to getting a membership...

~Paul

Reply to
Paul

Do they carry the binary groups, or just text groups?

Reply to
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

Don't expect binary groups with any decent download quota for free. If you want binaries but don't download regularly enough for a monthly account at Giganews, try astraweb: only $25 for a 180 GB block.

Reply to
iws

Are you stupid or just too lazy to use the link he provided? I suspect both...

Reply to
Amanda Hugenkiss

Where did that link say that anything was free, dumbass..

Reply to
Amanda Hugenkiss

Thanks for your helpful reply. I had actually taken a quick look at the site, but had not initially spotted a list of supported newsgroups. Closer examination just now indicates that they do indeed aparently provide access to about 25 binary groups.

Reply to
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley