OT The price of gas

I'm sure many of you are at leas curious about this. I found this on another newsgroup.

Here's what a gallon of gas goes for in the 34 cities around the world that AIRINC surveyed: (As of June 30, 2010)

  1. Asmara, Eritrea | .59

  1. Oslo, Norway | .41

  2. Copenhagen, Denmark | .89

  1. Hong Kong | .87

  2. Berlin, Germany, and Monaco, Monte Carlo | .82

  1. London, U.K. | .60

  2. Rome, Italy | .44

  1. Paris, France | .04

  2. Sao Paulo, Brazil | .69

  1. Seoul, Korea | .55

  2. Tokyo, Japan | .40

  1. Singapore, Singapore | .81

  2. Nairobi, Kenya | .31

  1. Mumbai, India | .25

  2. Santiago, Chile | .18

  1. Johannesburg, South Africa | .05

  2. Sydney, Australia | .84

  1. Toronto, Canada | .81

  2. Beijing, China | .71

  1. Bangkok, Thailand | .64

  2. Buenos Aires, Argentina | .58

  1. Havana, Cuba | .64

  2. Karachi, Pakistan | .02

  1. New York, U.S. | .85

  2. Moscow, Russia | .80

  1. Mexico City, Mexico | .45

  2. Lagos, Nigeria .62

  1. Dubai City, United Arab Emirates .57

  2. Cairo, Egypt | .17

  1. Kuwait, City, Kuwait | 85 cents

  2. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia | 45 cents

  1. Tehran, Iran | 32 cents

  2. Caracas, Venezuela | 6 cents
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

More like $5.10 US ( $1.20/litre Aus) in Sydney at the moment. Its a bit cheap right now. Just got a new run out NF Sonata diesel, diesel is a bit dearer but excellent economy. John

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:i2bptk$9sg$ snipped-for-privacy@news-01.bur.connect.com.au:

Yes, John beat me to it. Gas in Sydney is around $US5.04 a gal. John might have used the Aust figure for converting litres to gallons . Its is near enough to 4 l/gal whereas here and in the rest of the world there are

4.54litres/gal

Neville Queensland Australia

Reply to
Neville MADDEN

Forgot about that, I did use the 4.54 ! We are a little bit more expensive for fuel than Neville in Queensland because a politician brought in a 3 cent levy for 3 years in NSW to raise some cash. Needless to say that was 20 years ago and tax is still there.Just read the Sunday paper where it is mentioned "Autobild" (German auto organisation) put Hyundai first ,ahead of Audi, BMW and Toyota for quality!. John

Reply to
John

The math is all wrong or your information is all wrong. There are 4.5 litres in a gallon. The calculations for Toronto show a gallon as 3.7 and that is way off.

Reply to
The Henchman

For all the people that are confused about translations:

1 Imperial Gallon (Britain) = 4.546 liters 1 Real Gallon (USA) = 3.785 liters

For the rest of the civilized countries:

1 liter = 1 litre = 1 litro; pick your preferred spelling.
Reply to
Vic RR Garcia

No, it's not. 1 C$ = 0.97 US$ right now, 1 US liquid gallon is 3.8 L and gas in Toronto currently goes for almost 1 C$/L. That means that the stated US$ 3.7/gallon is right on the spot.

DK

Reply to
DK

Gas is not $3.70 a gallon in Canada as Canada does not use a US gallon. There are 4.5 L in a gallon in Canada. This report uses something called a US gallon but that is not in use in Canada.

Reply to
The Henchman

The original post listed pries for different countries in US DOLLARS per US LIQUID GALLON.

Reply to
DK

Oh ok. Now I understand. I thought they were just using the US dollar because it's a widely circulated and easy to calculate currency. Makes sense about the gallon too. The US is the only country I know of to sell by a gallon.

Reply to
The Henchman