OT The price of gas

I'm sure many of you are at leas curious about this. I found this on another newsgroup.
Here's what a gallon of gas goes for in the 34 cities around the world
that AIRINC surveyed: (As of June 30, 2010)
1. Asmara, Eritrea | $9.59
2. Oslo, Norway | $7.41
3. Copenhagen, Denmark | $6.89
4. Hong Kong | $6.87
5. Berlin, Germany, and Monaco, Monte Carlo | $6.82
6. London, U.K. | $6.60
7. Rome, Italy | $6.44
8. Paris, France | $6.04
9. Sao Paulo, Brazil | $5.69
10. Seoul, Korea | $5.55
11. Tokyo, Japan | $5.40
12. Singapore, Singapore | $4.81
13. Nairobi, Kenya | $4.31
14. Mumbai, India | $4.25
15. Santiago, Chile | $4.18
16. Johannesburg, South Africa | $4.05
17. Sydney, Australia | $3.84
18. Toronto, Canada | $3.81
19. Beijing, China | $3.71
20. Bangkok, Thailand | $3.64
21. Buenos Aires, Argentina | $3.58
22. Havana, Cuba | $3.64
23. Karachi, Pakistan | $3.02
24. New York, U.S. | $2.85
25. Moscow, Russia | $2.80
26. Mexico City, Mexico | $2.45
27. Lagos, Nigeria $1.62
28. Dubai City, United Arab Emirates $1.57
29. Cairo, Egypt | $1.17
30. Kuwait, City, Kuwait | 85 cents
31. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia | 45 cents
32. Tehran, Iran | 32 cents
33. Caracas, Venezuela | 6 cents
More like $5.10 US ( $1.20/litre Aus) in Sydney at the moment. Its a bit cheap right now. Just got a new run out NF Sonata diesel, diesel is a bit dearer but excellent economy. John

Yes, John beat me to it. Gas in Sydney is around $US5.04 a gal. John might have used the Aust figure for converting litres to gallons . Its is near enough to 4 l/gal whereas here and in the rest of the world there are 4.54litres/gal
Neville Queensland Australia
Forgot about that, I did use the 4.54 ! We are a little bit more expensive for fuel than Neville in Queensland because a politician brought in a 3 cent levy for 3 years in NSW to raise some cash. Needless to say that was 20 years ago and tax is still there.Just read the Sunday paper where it is mentioned "Autobild" (German auto organisation) put Hyundai first ,ahead of Audi, BMW and Toyota for quality!. John

The math is all wrong or your information is all wrong. There are 4.5 litres in a gallon. The calculations for Toronto show a gallon as 3.7 and that is way off.
On 7/29/2010 19:51, The Henchman wrote:

For all the people that are confused about translations:
1 Imperial Gallon (Britain) = 4.546 liters 1 Real Gallon (USA) = 3.785 liters
For the rest of the civilized countries:
1 liter = 1 litre = 1 litro; pick your preferred spelling.

No, it's not. 1 C$ = 0.97 US$ right now, 1 US liquid gallon is 3.8 L and gas in Toronto currently goes for almost 1 C$/L. That means that the stated US$ 3.7/gallon is right on the spot.
DK

Gas is not $3.70 a gallon in Canada as Canada does not use a US gallon. There are 4.5 L in a gallon in Canada. This report uses something called a US gallon but that is not in use in Canada.

The original post listed pries for different countries in US DOLLARS per US LIQUID GALLON.

Oh ok. Now I understand. I thought they were just using the US dollar because it's a widely circulated and easy to calculate currency. Makes sense about the gallon too. The US is the only country I know of to sell by a gallon.