Output Speed Sensor No Signal

I got P0722 Output Speed Sensor No Signal DTC on my 99 Elantra. I did not feel any transmission mulfunctions, the problem was indicated during yearly inspection.
Should this problem be repaired? Will Hyundai powertrain 10/100,000 warranty cover it?
Thank you in advance, Lenja
It'll be covered under the 10/100 warranty only if there's an internal transmission problem. If you've got no check engine lamp and don't notice any transmission problems, then that's very unlikely.
I'd recommend replacing the pulse generators (input and output speed sensors) and not reattaching the connector to the little holder on the transmission mount.
Hyundai's got a detailed bulletin about things that can cause this code. Go to www.hmaservice.com and register for an account. You'll want to see TSB 03-40-022.