P0303 Code

Hello friends at alt.autos.hyundai,
I have a 96 Elantra and I keep getting a recurring P0303 (cylinder 3 misfire) code with flashing check engine light.. Not sure how to fix the
problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Craig
Start by checking the plugs, wires, and ignition coil. These are the leading causes of misfires.

Thanks for the reply. I read in the service manual that idling below 880 rpm can cause the problem. I'm certain that the engine is idling below 880. How do I increase the idle speed?
Your idle speed is controlled by the engine control module. Check your underhood label for the idle specification. It should say. 880 seems a little high to me.
Furthermore, if this were caused by improper idle, I'd expect the code to return more than cylinder number three because an issue caused by an idle problem should affect all cylinders equally. If you're vehicle is idling too low, chances are that it's *caused by* the misfire, not the *cause of* the misfire.