P0501 Code (Speed Sensor). Where is it located please ?

Just got this code. What does the Speed Sensor do and where can it be found on a 2002 Hyundai SantaFe 2.7 engine ? Many thanks.

Did you retrieve this code from the Engine or Transmission computer?

It was retrieved from the plug in access located in the Fuse Box by the Parking Brake Release .
Is you speedometer working? I'm thinking its the vehicle speed sensor normally attached to one of the front wheels. Check to see if wiring loose or broken.

Yes, Speedo works fine. Doesnt bounce or get stuck.

I'm going to presume that this, along with the reply regarding the location of the connector where you checked for the code, imply that you've scanned the Engine Control Module with a generic scanner.
The ECM receives vehicle speed information from the right front wheel speed sensor, presuming your Santa Fe isn't equipped with ABS. Check the tone wheel on the axle and check the wiring going to the sensor, especially for being chewed by rodentia. These are far more common problems than problems with the sensor itself.
If you have ABS, the vehicle speed signal is received via a dedicated wire running from the ABS module to the ECM. If this is the case, and you haven't seen an illuminated ABS lamp, then check the integrity of this wire.

..
Thanks. I dont have abs and when i get home ill check the sensor wires. I have alot of mice in my area cause its heavy woods.