P1529 Auxillary Speed Idle Control

Car: 2001 Hyundai Elantra GT
Problem: I got CheckEngine light off and on for about a month. Sometimes it didnt appear for a week and suddenly appeared. Everytime CheckEngine
light appears, the car goes on a low gear kind of stuff, like a OD off mode or something of that sort.
Took to autozone and they told me it is P1529 Auxillary Speed Idle Control.
Any advise ? Appreciate your help.
The code description you have is incorrect. P1529 indicates that the Transmission Control Module (TCM) requested the Engine Control Module (ECM) to turn on the check engine lamp. When this happnes the transmission will be stuck in 3rd gear (failsafe). If you pull the diagnostic trouble codes from the TCM, you'll have a better idea as to the nature/source of the problem.
Will autozone do this for me ?? If I take to the dealer, they are going to charge me $19.99 straightaway to find out the problem.
Please help
that's cheap, most dealers charge 50-60 bucks.
--

"sureshj" < snipped-for-privacy@softura.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
I don't know whether AutoZone has the capability of reading your TCM codes. Since they didn't report them to you, I'd suspect not. But, if you're concerned about $20, then it may be worth your while to stop by and check.
Hello, I have the same car and I have the same problem, I was hoping you could tell me what the problem turned out to be, before I take it back to get fixed. Any info would help. Thanks