Paint flaking 06 Sonata

The channel strip above the passenger side doors on our '06 Sonata we noticed was flaking and on this weeks trip for oil change it was addressed by our dealer. Apparently Hyundai puts a black paint
"tape" over this section over the doors. I was told this is seen periodically and that sometimes that actually have to "repaint" this section so as it doesn't actually rust. Anybody have/had this issue (and how durable is this tape vs.repaint?)..............Doc
It's just black decal tape. The tape tends to be fine as long as nothing cuts it or otherwise damages it.