Paint flaking 06 sonoata

First real issue with it since purchasing. Rear Seat drivers side window. There's a black (painted) vertical metal strip between the opening window and the non-moving "opera" window further aft. Was getting gas yesterday and thought I saw water on this strip and touched it and paint flaked off on almost entire length. No similar issues on other verticals yet. Appears to be a quality control issue (I beleive I had heard some issues about paint previously). Anybody have any feedback??.........Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Haven't seen anything like this yet. Visit dealer. "Warranty service, please."

Reply to
hyundaitech

My friend showed me his new Honda Accord that had some bird droppings on the hood. It took the paint right off. The dealer won't help. I told him to write to the company. I have a 37 year old truck with bird droppings all over it and this never has happened. :-)

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Beau

Yeah, will be going to dealer shortly, and we'll take the warranty out for a spin this time. I've had problems before with flying "assatone" but not since my first car. Only takes once to learn. We keep the car waxed and washed regularly.........Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Reply to
razz

Unfortunately, paint doesn't fall under the 5 year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper umbrella. That's why it's important to read the warranty coverages in your manual.

The paint warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles. Once you're outside that Hyundai is no longer obligated to cover paint problems.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
razz

Sure, my lawyer can beat up your lawyer. You can bet they've covered their asses with an asterisk.

Note the word "nearly" in the statement below.

5 YEAR / 60,000 MILES NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY Covers nearly every new vehicle component

Then go to

and click on the down arrow and you will see:Paint: 3 years/ 36,000 miles.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
razz

then quit yer damn whining and get yerself some sleezy lawyer and put yer money where yer mouth is and go for it, or quit yer bitching...

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

Not that I'm defending them; but it's just a marketing (which is another way of saying "misleading") gimmick. I bet that the commercial you saw had a disclaimer of "see your dealer for details" or some such. They always do.

A.

Reply to
Aeschylus