Paint flaking 06 sonoata

First real issue with it since purchasing. Rear Seat drivers side window. There's a black (painted) vertical metal strip between the opening window and the non-moving "opera" window further aft. Was
getting gas yesterday and thought I saw water on this strip and touched it and paint flaked off on almost entire length. No similar issues on other verticals yet. Appears to be a quality control issue (I beleive I had heard some issues about paint previously). Anybody have any feedback??.........Doc
Haven't seen anything like this yet. Visit dealer. "Warranty service, please."
My friend showed me his new Honda Accord that had some bird droppings on the hood. It took the paint right off. The dealer won't help. I told him to write to the company. I have a 37 year old truck with bird droppings all over it and this never has happened. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yeah, will be going to dealer shortly, and we'll take the warranty out for a spin this time. I've had problems before with flying "assatone" but not since my first car. Only takes once to learn. We keep the car waxed and washed regularly.........Doc
Make them fix the problem now. My experience with Hyundai is very negative. My door handles peeled, all four. Two months after the paint warranty, which is three yrs I believe. there is no 5 year bumper to bumper warranty like they claimed when I bought mine in 01( Canada ). I worked in the auto industry and explained to Hyundai that there is no primer on the door handles, they sprayed them without proper prep. I had this confirmed by our painters at the factory I worked in, and by a body shop. In a nut shell they said "to bad". Very nasty e-mail went corporate headquarters in Canada, and pretty much got the same reply. Went overseas, and basically got same response. Needless to say I WON"T BUY ANOTHER FROM THEM. I'm replacing it very soon, too bad, they could have and would have got another sale from me, but customer service is not their priority.

Unfortunately, paint doesn't fall under the 5 year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper umbrella. That's why it's important to read the warranty coverages in your manual.
The paint warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles. Once you're outside that Hyundai is no longer obligated to cover paint problems.
Then that's false advertising. Bumper to bumper means everything, not excluding,ands ifs, or buts.

Sure, my lawyer can beat up your lawyer. You can bet they've covered their asses with an asterisk.
Note the word "nearly" in the statement below.
5 YEAR / 60,000 MILES NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY Covers nearly every new vehicle component
Then go to http://www.hyundaiusa.com/global/warranty/warranty.aspx and click on the down arrow and you will see: Paint: 3 years/ 36,000 miles .
All I'm saying is when I bought my car in 2001, the TV ads stated 5 years BUMPER TO BUMPER, 10 years in the states.

then quit yer damn whining and get yerself some sleezy lawyer and put yer money where yer mouth is and go for it, or quit yer bitching...

Not that I'm defending them; but it's just a marketing (which is another way of saying "misleading") gimmick. I bet that the commercial you saw had a disclaimer of "see your dealer for details" or some such. They always do.
A.