Passenger power seats?

What gives with Hyundai re passenger power seats?
We have a 2011 Sonata SE which we love save one feature . The passenger feels they are sitting on the floor relative to the driver. In our opinion
the seat are extremely uncomfortable on long range trips (> 1000 miles). So I tell my wife we'll upgrade to an Azera or Genesis next time around. Boy what a disappointment! The height of the power passenger seat cannot be adjusted even in a $45,000 Genesis. So Hyundai saved a few hundred dollars but lost a sale.
What am I missing?
Add pictures here
βœ–

That seems odd, but I think you are right.
Not an eight way seat, I assume. front up/down, rear up/down, seatback forward/aft, seat slide forward/back
I don't see anything on the Hyundai web site about the specs.
I did find this on another web page though: Seating Reviewers say the 2012 Genesis’ standard leather seats are comfortable, while the optional ultra-premium perforated leather gets high marks. The base 3.8 Genesis gets a heated eight-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and a heated four-way power passenger seat standard. Upgraded leather, a heated and ventilated power-adjustable driver’s seat and heated rear seats are optional on the 3.8 trim
I guess I'm fortunate. I was thinking about an Azera, but ended up with a 2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T. The dealer said the biggest advantage of the Azera is the power seat if that is important. My wife is 5'3" but is OK with the Sonata seat.
I bet the difference between the 4 way and 8 way is less than $50.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Don wrote:

I think you have to move up to the $65,000 range for that.
Add pictures here
βœ–
No, I think I have to move to another make. But that makes me sad. I just don't see how Hyundai can be so out of touch with American tastes.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Unless I'm mistaken, few cars (any make) are available with a height-adjustable power passenger seat.
On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:42:11 AM UTC-4, Don wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
I'll have to research that. Hope you're wrong :) For reference, the passenger seat in my 2007 Buick Terraza van the same 10-way controls as the driver's seat -- forward/back, up/down, front of seat up/down, back of seat up/down, seat back tilt forward/back.

Add pictures here
βœ–
OK, research report -- cars with 8-way passenger power seats after a quick search:
Buick Lacrosse, Buick Regal, Chevy Traverse, Chevy Equinox, Lincoln MKT, Cadillac ATS, Ford Taurus SE 6*-Way, Limited 10-Way.
Haven't yet looked at Japanese, European or Chrysler offerings.
There's really lots out there.
Hyundai ought to be ashamed for excluding them in the Azera and Genesis. World class? Apparently not yet.
*6-Way = fore/aft, up/down, seat tilt. Manual recline.

Add pictures here
βœ–
While I know it's of current importance to you, I appreciate the research. I'm impressed with GM's variety. Not as much with Ford, but Taurus should definitely have this at least as an option.
I think on most Japanese vehicles, you may wind up needing to buy a lot of stuff you don't want to get the power seats. My sister has a need for at least an 8-way power passenger seat, and upon looking at the Odyssey, she reports that you must get the absolute top-of-the-line to get the option.
Anyway, you've provided a great list of reasonable vehicles. Thanks.
On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:21:26 PM UTC-4, Don wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

Nice, but none that I'd actually want to own. I won't have another GM car again.

You do make a good point, but . . .
To their credit, if you bump up to the Equus, you get a 12 way driver seat and a 10 way passenger seat, Heated and cooled too. Event he rear seats have power reclining.
Add pictures here
βœ–
For $60,000 plus I can hire someone to build me a custom made seat: ) An alternative is the 2012 Azera at half the price! I'm surprised I missed that one.

βœ–

Happy to report I snagged an Azera "for half the price : )
I paid just under $30,000. Hyundai has loaded the Azera with just about every option including a passenger 8-way power seat. The only option you can add is a $4000 "Technology Package" (see below.) But I don't like sun roofs here in AZ, and the base 18" wheels, 7 speakers, and manual steering column adjustment is luxury enough for me. The base includes leather, power seats, 4 heated seats, driver's seat power lumbar support, a navigation system and much, much more. Only thing I'd like out of the Tech package is the memory seats.
So I continue to own a Hyundai for at least awhile.
*Technology Package: 19 x 8.0" alloy wheels with P245/40VR tires; Panoramic sunroof; HID xenon headlights; Rear parking assistance sensors; 550 watt Infinity Logic 7 14-speaker audio system; Power adjustable tilt and telescopic steering column; Integrated Memory System for power driver's seat, exterior mirrors and steering column; Ventilated front seats; Driver's seat cushion extension; Power rear sunshade; Manual side window sunshades; Interior ambient lighting
Add pictures here
βœ–

You did good. I could not find that price around here and bought a '13 Sonata Limited for about that, but with the turbo engine and technology package. I could do without the sunroof too.
Add pictures here
βœ–

12 or 13?
Add pictures here
βœ–
12. 13s not out yet. IFAIK there aren't any significant differences for 13.

Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Don , Bill K wrote:

The 2013 and 2014 Hyundai Azera have 8 way power passenger seats, plus a manual lumbar adjustment.
Foe some reason, the Genesis only has a 4 way power passenger seat. Same for almost all of the Azera's competitors, like the Avalon and Maxima.
Add pictures here
βœ–