Ping HyundaiTech : Any tips before i attempt this ???

Im going to replace the spark plugs on my 2002 V6 SantaFe ; any tips before i start disassemling the Intake to get at the rear plugs ?? Thanks for being in this NG.

I'd recommend replacing the wires when you do it to save on trouble later. At least that's what I do with customers that must pay for my labor. I also always replace the plenum gasket, but you could probably re-use it with no problem. I'd expect cost to be about $15 to $20 at the dealer.
Here's what I do:
Remove the engine cover. Remove the top of the air box and air intake hose. Unplug the throttle position sensor and idle actuator. Also unplug the air temp sensor at the back of the intake. Remove the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator. Take the pcv hose out of its holder. Remove the injector harness connector from the holding tab and unplug the connector. Unbolt the ground strap from the back of the intake. Unbolt the bracket holding the throttle cables. Remove the three 12mm head bolts holding the back of the plenum. Remove the five 12mm head bolts and two 12mm nuts from the front of the plenum. Lift the plenum up and off, and stand it up on the throttle body side. Getting it up and off the studs will require a combination of finesse and force. By tilting it up, you won't need to remove the coolant hoses and won't have to add coolant and make sure you've burped the system. DON'T DROP ANYTHING INTO THE ENGINE. Cover the holes if you have any doubt. Reassembly is pretty much the reverse of disassembly. You'll want to start all the plenum bolts/nuts before tightening any of them. If you tighten the front ones prior to installing the back ones, you'll have great difficulty.
Thank y ou very much. Ill print off a copy of your list. Thanks.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

You're welcome; I was just passing. I pop in now and then to see if you've started your normal religious trolling here yet. : It's a good thing that you haven't yet or I'd have to publish that post you made in January 2004 behind the webtv firewall thinking nobody outside of webtv would ever find out what you said about having feelings for...
Oops I nearly said too much. This must be one of the few groups that you've not been banned from yet?
--
My part-time website is at http://5110.sytes.net
The full-time server is at http://www.geocities.com/spmf38 , but