Ping Hyundaitech RE: 06-07 Sonata K-Thunk

HT,
Per your request, here is a part number for replacement shocks that *allegedly* resolve the K-Thunk:
55311-3K051
The shocks plus brackets allegedly solved the K-Thunk for one
customer. Does this sound legitimate?
Thanks,,, -
Bob
Haven't looked in the parts catalog to see whether that's the original number or a replacement. If the shocks on each side are the same, it's certainly believable.
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:16:15 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Here's a kit number another customer was given:
kit# 00305-55311 -
Bob
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:16:15 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Now 2 owners are reporting there is a "recall" (their words) in it that will replace rear struts and brackets. I would think a TSB rather than a recall, but what do I know. -
Bob
Headed back to my dealer in the morning for a replacement part. I will ask about any TSBs or recalls.
Bob Adkins wrote:

Apparently my dealer service people read this newsgroup... they knew what I was going to ask before I asked it. Hummmm
So they can correct me if I am wrong.... they said there is a TSB for "some 2007s but not the 2006s."
PMDR wrote:

Dealers are usually required to notify customers about TSB's when they bring their car in for any service. So they will probably not ask you about your 2006.
However, it appears that the dealers will apply the TSB to the 2006's if the customer requests it. That's what I'm hearing, and my dealer is supposed to do the TSB on my '06... if I ever have time to bring it in. -
Bob