Please Don't Run That New TV Ad To Boredum

The new Hyundai ad I saw today on tv is pretty good.

Imho, tv ads have a tendency to reverse psychology, when they get sickening from repetition, redundancy, reiteration, repeating

Just a thought the marketers oughta consider in planning spot ads

The last book I recall reading about advertising of cars was by Vance Packard in the 1950s, so I may be foolish to think that the public doesn't mind being bombarded by the same commercial over 'n over

By-the-way: For avoiding tiresome ads is why the deity gave mankind the remote clicker & TIVO

Years ago, before the remote clicker, we had a thing on a console tv with a cord that could turn down the sound, without having to get-up to do so

Perhaps it was called THE COACH POTATOS BEST FRIEND, though this was before the phrase "couch potatoe"...was known & infamously misspelled by the VP

The new Hyundai commercial sorta starts in San Francisco, then sorta goes to the midwest, and ends at the state of the art plant in Bama

Reply to
Robert Cohen

I know what you mean. I switched to Vonage back in October and while I love the service I doubt I'd went with it if that damn TV commercial of theirs had been out at the time.

Reply to
screwtape iii