PO734 incorrect gear ratio

i have a 99 hyundai elantra. my friend scanned it and i get a code Po734 incorret gear ratio 4th. is there any solutions to this problem or is my tranny shot? is there anything that i can do to try and make
a cheap fix? i called my local dealer told him the problem and asked if there was any recalls, and he said only for an exhaust prob and mass air flow. any ideas i would appreciate.
mikedny wrote:

Have you done the basics like checking the fluid level?
It's possible the end clutch is slipping, but this doesn't happen all that frequently with your transmission. You could try replacing the end clutch, but that'll probably cost several hundred dollars.