Possible brake pad time on 2007 Santa Fe?

Just turned over 46K on this mostly highway driven vehicle. On city streets with the radio off and the right side window open I have started to hear eek-eek-eek-eek noises. I am assuming it is being
caused by the pad wear indicators.
Am I thinking correctly? Is 46K on pads too short? I just want to get some opinions. Thanks

I may be the brakes. Miles make little difference, driving conditions do. When I lived in Philadelphia, 25k was great mileage for brakes, but where I live now, I've gone over 70k. Of course, I can drive home from work 25 miles and come to a complete stop only once. Oh, factor in loads and driving style too. Last minute braking wears them faster.
As a further comparison, 46k on a 2007 is fairly light miles. I've be at about 92,000 on mine had I not traded it in.
bobmct wrote:

Sounds about right to me.