Power fade on 2006 Santa Fe and Tucson?

Test drove a 2006 Santa Fe 2.7 and a Tucson 2.7. Both were dealership "demo" cars. (I believe both cars had some type of traction control?)
In both cars I noticed a definite "fade" when turning a corner, almost a hesitation until acceleration engaged. This happened on standing turns,as at a stop light and "driving turns" and in either direction. Of course the salesman didn't "notice" what I was referring to. Is this common to Hyundai or might it be some malfunction in the traction control? McM
I own a 2006 Santa Fe, mind you I dont have traction control. but I dont notice any fade in power at any time..
Pete...

I've never noticed anything like this, either. Is it possible you're referring to the ignition timing being retarded to reduce the harshness of the shift? I know this is done for better shift feel.

Unfortunately it was very real to my wife and I, since we both drove the demos and compared notes after the ride. To be fair I'll go back and drive them again. The salesman kept wanting us to get on the freeway to show how nice it ran. Since most of our driving is on city streets in traffic that's where I test drive. Perhaps the salesman knows something? (Hyundai has moved down our list so far.) McM
I think it's important to drive the vehicle in your own real-world conditions. Then you'll get a feel for how it'll behave for you. Check the visibility and whether you can adjust the mirrors where you want them. If you take long drives, make sure the seats are comfortable. Bottom line, you need to choose the car that will make you happy.

I own a 2006 V-6 Tucson and don't have any issue with fade or hesitation at any time.