problem with 2001 Accent

I have a 2001 Accent, the RPM goes up/down alot when engine is idling (upto almost 2000 then down to around 500). does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?

thanks in advance, Chris.

Reply to
Chris

There have been a lot of throttle position sensors in Accents and Elantras made in 2001 and 2002. Scan for codes first, especially if the check engine lamp is on.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Oops. I meant to say there have been a lot of throttle position sensor problems. Sorry.

Reply to
hyundaitech