Protecting my rear

Living in San Francisco, nudging bumpers to parallel park is a way of life. I have a front end cover on my beautiful 2007 deep water blue sonata but my back bumper is beginning to look rough from the nicks, scratches and dings.

Are there any covers or protectors for back bumpers?

Reply to
Souza in San Francisco

I saw a car today with a couple stick-on rubber/plastic pads.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Try a Google search for bumper protector, there are a number of different types available from about $35 and up.

Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap

There are a couple company's in the US that will install the ultrasonic bumper or liscense plate sensors that they offer in oversea's Hyundai"s. I checked it out when we first got out 06 Sonata. As I recall it sounded good but the coordination between installation companie's and the marketer was still being tweaked so I held off.....Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

What good would that do when the problem is other people parking by the "braile method" and hitting your bumper?

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Yes, we need an automatic system that would send out a burst of fluorescent orange paint onto any car that hits your bumper! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

If as the original poster said in San Francisco "nudging bumpers is a way of life" (nudger or nudgee?) perhaps even better would be to buy a shit box and live with it.............Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Or do a search on ebay for bumper protectors.

Reply to
Double Tap

Was once rear-ended by a ladies Volvo, she claimed She had rubber bumpers so there is no damage!

Reply to
irwell

Were they of the baby buggy type?

I kill me...