Thanks for some of your replies to my recent posts about the ’08 Santa Fe
and warranties, etc.
I wanted to write you because of your signature line. You ‘allegedly’
have an ’08 Santa Fe Limited. I have a few questions as I am in the market
for one, and am waiting on a job opportunity. If the job works out, my
family will likely get one.
I’ve been researching for awhile, and ever since CR’s annual auto issue came
out, where they gave the Santa Fe the top mid-size SUV score, I really
started considering it and other models. My wife was bent up until very
recently on the Ford Escape Hybrid (twice the mileage of the Santa Fe), but
I think I’ve finally convinced her the quality is not there.
Anyway, about what you bought, if you wouldn’t mind letting me know some
1. Did you get the AWD?
2. How long have you owned it and how many miles have you put on it?
3. Where in the US do you live? (assuming you’re in the US, )
4. What options if any did you get? (I’m not looking at any options at this
point, just carpeted floor mats, mudguards, etc.) Are the carpeted floor
mats worth the $100…could I have the salesperson ‘throw them in?’
5. How is the owner’s manual? Easy to read?
6. Did you register your car on My Hyundai’s website?
7. Is the recommended scheduled maintenance straightforward?
8. How did the salesperson explain the warranty? What’s covered, what’s
not? What the gotcha’s are about the warranty?
9. How do you like the XM radio?
10. How do you like the Infinity sound? Is the CD changer nice, fast?
11. How do the tires ride? I like the big 18”ers.
Sorry for the long list of questions, I am just curious about some longer
term aspects of the car. Sorry for being a little nosey, don’t answer
things you don’t want to.
Anything else you can write about your Santa Fe, when you have free time,
would be really helpful, especially to let my wife know how the car is.
I’ve test driven it twice, but my wife hasn’t been in one yet.
We have a nearly 3-year old boy, too. He can’t wait to ‘be higher up’ so
can see more out of the window than in our current Buick Regal. Plus, is
the rear window privacy glass dark enough that we wouldn’t need to put up
sun-blocker plastic stuff on the window to protect my son?
Again, thank you very much for your ideas and insight.