Question- filtes, 2007 Santa Fe

Quick question regarding the various filters for a 2007 Santa Fe.

In looking at the service log, it indicates changing the Air Cleaner Filter. When calling Pep Boys, they indicate there are 2 air filters. Can someone expand on this? I was looking at the simple pleated one... or so I thought, (Similar to KN 33-2378), or PB/Purolator's version.

Also what is meant by a 'fuel tank air filter'???

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

Interesting question! I am not aware of a "fuel air filter" and cannot find any reference to such an item.

However, I JUST received my order of a pair of air intake filters and cabin air filters (I have two 2007 Santa Fe LTDs).

I purchased them from Car Parts Discount, online for $6.45 EACH. That's a far cry from the prices any shop/dealer wants.

The air filter change is really quick and easy. The cabin air filter change is more difficult as it is inside the dash above the glove box. Once you find it, it is not too much effort to change it. on the good side it doesn't require changing very often.

Good luck.

Reply to
bobmct

Wow! Both filters, $13 plus shipping?? I was about to go to Pep to get just one of them for $17....

One must be under the hood.. near the MAF... (gotta be similiar to other cars I've done this on...)

bobmct wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

Hi.. what are the part numbers.. i have to assume one was under the hood, the other thru the glovebox... can't find them under hmaservice.com///

bobmct wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

I purchased them from Car Parts Direct

and the part no.s were:

Engine air filter # 75270 Factory No. 281132B000 Cabin air filter # 91273 Factpru Mp/ A:C-5900

Thewe were both made in Korea by the OEM and they looked EXACTLY like the factory ones replaced. My guess is that they're made by the same mfg. Price was $ 6.45 EACH. I bought 2 of each.

The change to the engine filter took me all of ONE minute. The cabin filter took a little longer because I had to ask again how to remove the glove box retainers. Once I found out it took about 2 minutes to complete. I will DEFINITELY order more to have on hand for next time.

Good luck - but you WON'T need it 'cause its so simple.

Reply to
bobmct

"bobmct" wrote

That link took me to a site with a lot of links and re-directs that don't work. carpartsdiscount works

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

True. But I purchased four filters and even after adding in the $13.99 shipping from California to CT via FedX Ground, I received them in less than a week and the net cost of each was $9+ change. I thought the quality of the filters was great and as good as any dealer or Walmart name brands. And Ed - sorry for the URL. The invoice stated car pars direct but my bookmark does point to car parts discount.

bobmct

Reply to
bobmct

Absolutely. that's what I mean though.. it make sense to order 2 and up.. I ordered 5... 3 for the Sante Fe (my daughter has allergies so I'll be changing the cabin filter next year...)... and I ordered 2 for my Volvo..

thanks aga> >

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

thanks for your help! both are installed in the Santa Fe, and both in the Volvo.. great prices, service, etc.. and the threads here helped me quickly find and swap out the cabin filter behind the glove box....

many thanks!

bobmct wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie