Question for HyundaiTech , please

2003 Tiberon, 4 cyl. , auto. --- When I come to a stop and turn off the engine, i hear sort of a swishing noise coming from the rear of the car for about 3-5 seconds , then it disappears. My engine
light came on and i had the code read by an Auto Store ; it said possible failure of the 'Evap. Solenoid' (or simular wording) . Is this part located at the rear of the car and is it relatively easy to change ? Thanks much for your help.

P.S. The car is running fine, except the gas mileage is very very poor.

Sounds like the fuel tank may be retaining vacuum. Do you have the actual code number? The wording you use doesn't tell me much.

Sorry but dont have the actual code number. When the car is shutoff, there is a ssssshhhhhh noise coming from the gas tank area and it lasts about 3 seconds then goes quiet. The check engine light is coming on about half the time ; when it is on, the gas mileage is very poor. WHen the light is not on, the gas mileage is superb. No driveability problems with the car . Any ideas ? Thanks.

Is there anything i can check under the car near to the gas tank by way of devices ? Thanks.

You can make sure the hoses/pipes aren't twisted/pinched/restricted. Still, I'd like to know the actual code number so I know I'm sending you in the right direction. If the problem is what I think it is, you're unlikely to find anything visually. Furthermore, diagnosis will require a very systematic approach with a voltmeter attached to the fuel tank pressure sensor in order to verify whether all pertinent components are operating normally.

Ok, thanks. Ill see if i can round up a code number for you to go on.