Question re: fog lights

My 03 Santa Fe does not allow me to use JUST fog lights, I must use in conjunction w/headlights only. I can't leave them on w/high beams either. Is there any way to switch this?

;-)

If you do check your local DMV law. It is possible butit may not be legal to run that way even if it works better. Some states have laws requiring the use of headlights under certain conditions.
Yep .. follow the link to a Santa Fe forum member site.
http://www.geocities.com/elusor/install/foglightmod.htm?20059
Gordo

fancyhit wrote:

legal to drive with fog lights only, nor with fogs and high beams. While the former can be useful in extremely snowy weather (when driving at LOW speeds), the latter is completely pointless, since fogs and high beams serve two entirely different purposes that are mutually exclusive.
BTW, it's also illegal - not to mention inconsiderate - to drive with fog lights or other auxilliary lights when they're not necessary for the conditions.
Or is your aim simply to irritate other drivers?