Questions on 1995 Sonata limited edition

hi have a chance to buy a one owner/heated garage kept sonata LE with

60,000kms(canada).owned by a senior citizen. i think the le model was only sold in canada as i can find no info on what the le adds to the car in the way of options on the internet. is there anything i should look out for on this car? it has the 4cyl engine. what is the timing belt change interval on these cars?it has never been changed and the car only gets driven about 4000kms per year in the summer and is stored in the winter. thanks as always
Reply to
The Gilkies

The timing belt interval is four years/60k miles in the U.S. (100,000 km). If this four cylinder is the same engine that was used in the U.S., the engine likes to eat timing belts, so definitely don't delay in replacing it. Also, this automatic transmission was known for problems. Additionally, most 1995 or so Sonatas I've seen recently are falling apart all over. Be sure to use the overall condition of the vehicle as a guide.

If you'd like to respond with the VIN, I can probably get info on engine and options.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech