Re: 04 Accent Spark Plug Question

Got an 04 Accent with 30k miles and its time for new spark plugs according to owners manual. Looking at using Bosch Plat 4. When I goto there website they do not have any vehicles listed for 04 besides Mazda so I went with 03 for hyundai Accent with a 1.6. Says to use the 4418, can anyone confirm that the 03 and 04 use the same spark plug? Thanks.

** Reply **

Take my advice, dont get aftermarket plugs. Go to the dealer and buy them. Or else it'll start misfiring on you!

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Elmer Fudd

them. Or else it'll start misfiring on you!

Does Hyundai manufacture plugs? As long as he uses the right plug I don't see how they will misfire if he buys them somewhere else - a most likely a lower price.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

All Accents with the 1.6 use the same spark plug. Ignore Elmer. I'd recommend NGK, since of the brands available at the dealer, these provide the best performance. I've had positive and negative experiences with Bosch. And, if you're doing the job yourself, it's pretty simple. There's not much need to spend any extra on platinum plugs. Just make sure you use a quality plug (and the correct one for the vehicle).

Reply to
hyundaitech

Umm ... the Accent user's and shop manuals specify aftermarket plugs: NGK or Champion, available dirt cheap at just about any auto parts store. There is no such thing as a "Hyundai spark plug", AFAIK.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Wong