Re: 2000 Elantra Alarm Light and a Draining Battery

Advance swore up and down the battery was fine and refused to honor the warranty. Took it to auto zone and just told them to pull it out and give me a new one. Drove home fine. Went to get back in the car I open the door
and bam alarm goes off. Apparently now that I have a new fully charged battery my alarm now has enough power to just go off on it's own non stop and wake the neighbors. I liked it better when it was silently sucking my battery dry. I just disconnected the battery to stop it, I'm going to have to have it towed to the dealer now as I can't even drive it, it wasn't a bad battery :(

You'll want to put the alarm back into valet mode (lamp on steady). Or use your remote to turn it off. Right now, the alarm *is* preventing you from starting the car. Until you turn of the alarm or put it in valet mode, you have no way of knowing whether the battery will start the car.
From my earlier post:
"If a tester shows the battery is charged and in good condition, but your car requires a jump start, there's either a problem with the cable connections to the battery or a problem with the tester."
Considering I never put it in valet mode nor did I take it out of valet mode that would have been impossible, the alarm was doing whatever it wanted to with no help from me. Every time I went out to it something different was happening. And as stated in the originasl post I don't have the button unfortunatly, I wish I did, and God did I look for it. The alarm hasn't been used in over 5 years so it's long gone.
And amazingly enough it let me drive it. This morning when I went out to it the alarm would only go off when a door was opened. And since I drive with the door closed I got it to the dealer :) They just cut it out, took 10 minutes. Long story short, they said the alarm went bad and started screwing with the rest of the car and now that it's out all is well. Yay alarm failure!