Re: 2000 Hyundai Accent

I have been told ATF, sould be change at 25,000

Take it a step further. Ask the dealer to show you where an official > Hyundai Motor America document (not the dealer's) says that you need to > change your transmission fluid every 30,000 miles. > > I think it's a good idea to change your ATF every 30k whether recommended > by the manufacturer or not. But that doesn't mean it's required if they > don't put it in the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. Some > mechanics advise not changing the fluid if you have many miles on your > vehicle without changing the fluid, but changing the fluid regularly every > 30k miles will not have an adverse effect on the transmission. > > I've not known the transmission in the 2000 Accent to be particularly > troublesome. I've replaced some, but not a disproportionate number. >
Reply to
MATTHEW C ZANK