Re: 2004 Kia Optima

I am posting to these newsgroups because of the vast expertise available.

> Thank you for indulging me. > > On April 30, 2007, I purchased a 2004 KIA Optima that had been used by > the > dealer as a loaner. The car had about 19,000 miles on it when purchased > by > me. The car had been placed in Service by the dealer on June 30, 2005. > When purchased by me, there was a little over 3 years and 40, 000 miles > left > on the warranty. I have noticed on several occassions the car appeared to > be leaning to the left (when viewed from the rear) while parked in my > driveway. Yesterday, I took a few measurements in the driveway and the > car > leans about 1/2" to the left. Measurements were taken at a point near the > left front, left rear, right front and right rear. I moved the car into > my > garage, on a level floor, re-measured, and confirmed my original > measurements. I will be taking this up with the dealer but would like any > ideas as to what may have caused this problem and how to resolve it. > > Thanks for any information.

Too much chocolate cake. Seriously, could be it was driven by someone that was a bit on the heavy side and has some sag in the suspension. Usually takes more than 19,000 miles though. Check the manufacturer's tolerance too, it may be close to specification.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski