Re: 2005 Elantra - AM radio interference

| The Kenwood radio in the '04 has a real problem with fringe AM | reception. I just discovered that if I set the cruise control, it causes | a huge amount of noise on weak AM stations, but almost none if I have a | strong signal. I know that the '05 has a different radio, but it sounds | like it has similar issues.

You mean Hyundai is selling Kenwood stereos as OE? That's like carrying coals to Newcastle; Hyundai not only makes their own car stereos, but sure looks to me like they are offering them as OE to other car makers! Check it out:

I wonder if they, in fact, make this Kenwood under license, in the same way that Radio Shack sells "RCA" products (RCA is deader-than-dead -- the trademark was sold by GE to Thomson [France]) 20 years ago.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

The '04 Elantra GT came with a Kenwood sound system. I think that was the only model and year that did.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom