Re: 2009 Santa Fe question

Hi All;

> > Just took delivery of my 09 Santa-Fe. Pretty pleased overall, but some > questions for you experienced owners: > 1) Is there a way to have the alarm arm itself automatically after > leaving the car (without locking the doors)? > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0I like to leave my vehicles armed and unlocked so thieves = may > enter without damaging the car, but do set off the alarm when opening > a door.

The alarm will not arm without locking the doors.

2) Is there a way to have the doors auto lock once you start the car, > or put it into drive?

Not sure off the top of my head, but the dealer will be able to either set up one of the options you describe or one where the doors lock at

12 MPH or so.

3) How do you move the roof rack cross bars?

If I recall correctly, you pull up on two levers, one on each side of the cross rail, to move the rail forward or back.

4) Where is the limp away code (ignition key sequence) to disable the > alarm if you don't have the alarm key fob?

No key sequence exists, but there is a method for doing this. To my knowledge, it's in the owner's manual. For reasons of security, I'd rather not post it here publicly.

Reply to
hyundaitech