Re: 2009 Santa Fe question

The alarm will not arm without locking the doors.

Not sure off the top of my head, but the dealer will be able to either set up one of the options you describe or one where the doors lock at 12 MPH or so.

If I recall correctly, you pull up on two levers, one on each side of the cross rail, to move the rail forward or back.

No key sequence exists, but there is a method for doing this. To my knowledge, it's in the owner's manual. For reasons of security, I'd rather not post it here publicly.