Re: Does you Hyundai Dealer Service Dept. play the '10% Game' with you ???

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:DNfgl.16452$c45.15485 @nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:25:09 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com cast forth > >>> This has happened a few times now : They diagnose the problem with >>> the car then tell you how much the repair will be incl. part(s) and >>> labor . IF you say to them 'Gee, that sounds like alot ' or ' That >>> sounds a little high to me' ... they immediately say 'Okay, we will >>> take 10% off of the price' . If you dont , then they sell it to you >>> at an inflated price . (of course, even at 10% off its still

inflated

>> compared to private Car Repair places using Hyundai parts). Does >>> your Hyundai Service Dept . have a simular con-job ?? Thanks. > > I don't know. I've never gone to a dealer for non-warranty service because I > can save much more than 10% by using a reputable independent shop. > >

I did once - when my transmission went, and their price was equal to that of my transmission place (with a slightly longer warranty).

Took THREE transmissions for them to get it right.. And in the process, stuff got stolen out of my car!!!!

Reply to
TheChris