Re: Genesis lease has been a bad decision

The latest hit was 141.86 for a battery.

> >The car is only two years old! > >My only and my last Genesis.

Why is that? Did you return to the dealer for warranty?

From the Hyundai web site: ? Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Are you saying the battery is still good and they want you to pay for the portion used? Most batteries today will last 60 to 84 months and cost far less that what they are charging.

From my limited leasing exposure, the only thing you had to do was have a battery that works and tires that were legal with tread wear indicators. Everything else is considered normal wear and tear and expected at turn in time. Damage, of course, has to be repaired at your expense.

Read the terms of your lease carefully.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sounds like they are trying to hose you. As pointed out, the battery has some warranty.

I just checked Advanced Auto. The battery they have is $136 installed. On sale now at 25% off.

At 20,000 miles, it is very unusual for tires to be worn. Most will last close to 40,000 miles with care, 30k with abuse. Simple enough to look at the wear pattern and measure the tread. Stop at any reputable tire dealer and they will do it for free in just a few minutes.

Sounds like a shyster dealer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski