Re: Hyundai Matrix Security Alarm.

>| Can anyone tell me how to disable the car alarm for my Hyundai >Matrix. >| Every time a car goes pass it goes off! >| > > I can't tell you how to disable it. But there should be some way >to reduce the sensitivity. This adjustment should solve the >problem.

The annoyance these stupid alarm systems cause is a lot less bearable than a small risk of 1) someone breaking into the car AND 2) the alarm preventing further damage.

Please, how can it be disabled altogether? I bought a car, not a screaming monster that makes me think of what I should do to avoid it screaming.

DK

Reply to
DK

"DK" wrote

Simple really. Don't lock the car.

Setting the car alarm does two things. 1. It stops 75 year old grandmothers from stealing your car, 2. It stops 9 year old and younger from stealing your car.

Everyone else in between that wants to steal your car will know how to get around it. I personally know of people that have had cars stolen while the alarm was set and it was parked in a ver visible place on a busy street in broad daylight. I saw a demo on TV showing a car thief walking up to a car and driving it away just as fast as the guy with a key.

My unlocked cars have been broken into twice that I know of. In one case, a had a quart of oil in the back seat and it was taken. In the second case, some stuff from the glove box was pulled out and dropped on the floor. Nothing taken, nothing of value in the car. Total loss was $1.

Other cars were locked. Two had broken windows. Two others had paint damage from prying. Another time, my brother had his convertible top slashed so a thief could take a $5 pair of sunglasses.

YMMV, but I fail to see the value of a car alarm or locking the doors.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski