Re: Transmission flush service for 30K miles????

You can use Mobil +3 ATF, cost less, and been using it in my accent for over a year, and my Tranmission runs just fine.

Hyundai's fluid is SPIII. I know this is available at Hyundai and Kia > dealers and I believe there was another poster here who said it was > available through Mitsubishi. Either way, you're looking at a big price > because it's a proprietary fluid. I've heard stories about places using > other types of fluid and putting in an additive. No, no, no, don't do > that. Proper fluid only. Ever. > > Where I work, we have fluid coming out of the wall that the distributor > says meets an incredibly long list of specs. My question is how can it > meet the viscosity requirements of a huge list of fluids? It doesn't > state it meets the SPIII requirement, so my parts department is happy to > give me the Hyundai fluid. Since I don't believe what it's claimed to be, > I don't even use it for p/s fluid in Hyundai (Dexron). They don't like it > much, but have been willing to appease me. > > Your manual does not require the transmission to be flushed, ever. You > should replace the fluid and filter every 30k miles (depending on your > driving). I'm largely convinced that the flushing is a better service > since it replaces a significantly larger portion of the fluid in the > trans, but it isn't necessary. For $140, though, it's about the same > price as fluid and filter. > > The reason he hooked up the scan tool to check first is that he wanted to > see if the code was for a misfire. Since your plugs should have been > replaced at 30k, this would give him an excellent opportunity to sell you > a 30k service or spark plugs. What did they do to fix the lamp? >
Reply to
MATTHEW C ZANK

If its so great, please post the VIN of your Accent so it can be noted in your dealer service records...

As for "working" - I've seen an automatic transmission "work" on nothing but water in the pan and torque converter (yes, an actual experiment).

Now to put this in perspective - ATF+3 has as much place in your transmission as water. Why aren't you running straight water? Brake fluid? Gear lube? Astroglide? All of them will pour nicely in the fill hole...

Quit suggesting people damage their vehicles and/or void their warranties, you cheap dumbass.

JS

MATTHEW C ZANK wrote:

Reply to
Jacob Suter