rear light problem

Sometimes my rear light works and sometimes not. When they don't work, I have no light in my dash (control) and no parking light too.
can you help me please?

Breaker wrote:

Perhaps these are on the same circuit. The first thing I'd do is check the fuse(s). Pull them out and reinstall them a couple of times to ensure that they make good contact. If that doesn't help, try pulling the plugs off the back of the fuse panel and reinstalling them. Intermittent electrical problems are generally just due to bad connections.
Brian's on the right track. The interior illumination lamps are on the same circuit as either the left or right outside lamps, depending on your year and model car. All of them being out means that there's a problem with the power delivery to the entire circuit.
hyundaitech wrote:

a very common source of this type of problem, as grounds attached to the car body are prone to oxidation over time.
Ground contacts aren't a likely culprit in this instance because the interior and exterior lamps ground in different places, but they are a source of many electrical problems, especially in rust belt areas.
hyundaitech wrote:

Good point. The problem must be on the power side.

Yeah, tell me about it. ;-)
hyundaitech helped me on this one. I had the same problem, my dimmer switch for dashlight brightness didn't work either. My flood lights up front were affected too. It turned out to be a relay. The relay switch on my 1998 Elantra was located under the hood. That's my story.

Thanks a lot !!!
My daylight doesn't work to. But I did some tests and when I play with my handBrake, and after I put my lights on, it's work.
How many sensor(about these lights) does the car have? -HandBrake Switch (maybe inside the car) ? -Relay Switch under the hood ? and others one??
Thanks