Rear Shocks or Struts?

How can I tell if my '95 Elantra GLS has rear shocks or struts? Thanks.

I don't remember. Basically, a strut is a load-bearing suspension component. A shock supports no load. This is mostly a technical distinction and will be the same on any particular model. There isn't any particular need for the consumer to know. You'll either have shocks or struts but won't have both.
hyundaitech wrote:

I have both on my minivan. It has struts in the front and shocks in the rear! :-)
Matt
Doh! I meant on an axle. Nice catch.
hyundaitech wrote:

I knew what you meant, but I just couldn't resist. :-)
Matt

Look at them.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Ya, it's easy!
McPherson struts have a big coil over, and attach directly to the lower control arm with a robust, rectangular bracket. Shocks attach by one little eye. How's that Mike?
--
Bob

Me thinks that anyone who asks the question posed above will not understand what a coil over is, nor a lower control arm.