rear struts on 2000 elantra.

Hi to all in the group. On my 2000 elantra gls its seems that my rear shocks/struts seems pretty weak and I have only 40,000 mi on clock, seems that it can be a safety issue on the highway and wanted to find out if they may be warrantied under my 5/60,000mi, or 10/100,000 mi warranty under being a safety issue. They are pretty bad with 4 people in car the car bounces all around over bumps on the hi-way and is hard to control, did the bounce test on all four corners front seems to stop pretty fast and seem ok,the rears just keep bouncing like there is no shocks. Also are fairly simple to replace by myself and do the rear springs need to be removed during installing new struts and is aligning required after replacing them. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Larry

The rear struts are covered by the 5/60 warranty. So if you're still under

5 years, definitely take it in.

The springs definitely need to be removed to do this job. If you're not familiar with using a spring compressor and the safety steps when using one, this is definitely a job to send to a professional. A compressed spring is very dangerous.

You shouldn't need any aligning with the job.

Reply to
hyundaitech