Rear Window (Windshield) Replacement - broken -

Hi everyone,
Any inexpensive websites that sell the rear glass, or locations in South, Florida USA?
I'd like to install this myself, but I'd like to know if anyone has
any advice on installation, and what I should know before taking on this task. I'm quite confident I do this, but any info would be greatly appreciated. Gasket, glue, expansion worries, etc...:)
I suspect an "unknown" mysterious implosion or explosion caused this.. ;-) Or more likely vandalism! :-(
***ALSO, I'd like to know if there is a TEMPORARY fix out in the market. For now, I have the usual taped plastic..I don't want to install this until I can find a better (safer) parking spot.
98 Sonata 2.0 Auto 120,000 miles
Thanks in advance and Happy Everything! Dave
The best advice is "don't". Windshields and rear windows are considered structural parts of the vehicle and need to be bonded properly using specialized adhesives. You can't just glop in a bunch of RTV or other goop and expect it to work properly and safely. Let a professional handle it. It may also be covered by your insurance.

Thanks Brian, That's what I was afraid of.. I've been looking at prices and it is not cheap. I will have to keep looking around for other quotes.
As far as I know, my insurance does not cover the rear glass, only the front. I don't not have CC on this vehicle. Only PIP, PD, UM from State Farm
Why not find a parts yard and see what it would cost for a used part? It would already have everything attached to the window. Isn't there a way to disconnect theold hinges and atach the window with the new hinges? KWW

You can't be serious. What do you mean "as far as I know"? Have you called them? Many policies have "full glass coverage" and that means every piece of glass. So you'd rather try to do all of this work instead of making a simple phone call to your agent.
Well, a friend of mine is an agent will replaces his own glass when it is broken rather than making a claim since it can drive up rates.

"Kirk" <kwalker et ac doht neyt> wrote in message

That's his choice. I've only had one claim and my rates did not change. Actually, the next year they went down a tad. I'm paying for full glass coverage so I'm going to use it when I need it. Would be stupid to do otherwise.