regular mp3 & radio

I own an 2010 Elantra Touring. It comes with a connection for an ipod to the radio. Would like to find a way to also use my Creative Zen thru the radio as well but since the radio has no cassette and I've heard negative things about fm transmiters I am wondering if there are any other alternatives. Thanks. Zach

Reply to
zach

No USB port on the Zen? According to Hyundai, the radio has one.

six-speaker 172-watt audio system with XM® Satellite Radio and iPod®/USB and auxiliary input jacks. But hey, who's counting.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ok--could very well be operator error here. I'll try things out again. Thanks for the heads-up. ...Zach

Reply to
zach

Most newer cars have an aux in jack. I don't know if there is a way to get audio out of your Zen thing though. Seems to me it should have a headphone jack.

Reply to
Paul

On my Sonata, the USB port is in the center consol. I can plug in a stick so the Zen should act the same way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You should be able to use any regular USB Stick with the Radio. Just copy MP3-files to the stick.

Background: There are two different protocols for transfering data via USB. MTP and MSC. Your Creative Zen is set to MTP mode. The radio needs MSC mode. If you can switch the Zen to MSC it'll work fine, but maybe you won't be able to sync it to your computer with the software you're using. All USB Sticks are MSC.

HTH, Raphael

Reply to
Raphael Barabas

Thanks for the info--greatly appreciated. Zach

Reply to
zach

Thanks--appreciate the info. Zach