Relationship betweencar heater and Air Conditioning - Excell 2000

Hi All When I put the car heater on and don't use the fan, warmth comes through the vents when on the fresh air mode. However when I put on the fan the Air Conditioning (A/C) light comes on and I feel the loss of power that happens when I am using the A/C. It appears that when the fan is on, the A/C is also on and I therefore cannot opperate the car heater with the A/C automatically comming on.

Does this sound right?

Thanks David

Reply to
djs

In my experience it's normal for the compressor to come on when using the defroster, but not the heater. What happens if you try to turn off the A/C while the fan is on?

Reply to
Victek

Thanks for the response Victek. I will check - perhaps it is coming on with the defroster only and I am assuming that it is the same with the cabin heating - I will get back David

Reply to
djs

You should have a separate switch for the a/c (the button that has the a/c indicator lamp). You should be able to use this to toggle the compressor on or off regardless of any other setting of the system, presuming the controls work similarly to the U.S. controls.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks Victek and hyundaitech

It seems that the defroster is connected to the A/C as Victek suggested. That is; when I use the defroster with the fan on then the A/C comes on automatically - the A/C control lights up and cannot be overridden and turned off. As soon as I change from the defroster to the cabin heater then the A/C light goes out and the compressor dissengages

So thanks for the info. I now know more about defrosters (which we call demisters) Here in Adelaide, South Australia, yesterday was the coldest night in over twenty two years with the minimum temp getting down to 1.6 degrees C (35 degrees F) which created a frost on the car widows - My 20 year old son had never seen this before. Thanks David

Reply to
djs