Reliable yet inexpensive way to clean up fuel system - 2003 Santa Fe?

I have to be out of town on business most of the time. Wife filled up her Santa Fe someplace a week or two ago and every since then, after she adds more fuel, the car is hard to start and stalls if left to idle for the first minute or two. After that it is fine.

I tried removing the gas cap, waiting a minute, then replacing it to see if it had something to do with tank pressure but that did not cause the symptom. I put fuel injector cleaner into the tank and filled it up by adding 3 gallons and immediately after adding that little bit the hard starting showed up for me.

It is fine at any other time.

I had replaced the fuel filter about a year ago.

Suggestions?

KWW

Read the entire string found on this ng: "HyundaiTech question" by Partner on 8-25-13.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Have you checked purge solenoid? When you get gas it should be closed so as to not allow fuel to be drawn into engine from canister, flooding engine.It is located near throttle body on 2004 sonata, guessing it is in same location on santa fe Could really use a spell check here.

Reply to
Yenoocpb

Your purge control valve is stuck open. Explanations already given are correct.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks! I will pursue this.

KWW