Remote starter for 2010 Hyundai Elantra

Hi,

I'm looking into a remote starter for my wife's 2010 Hyundai Elantra.

The dealer, apparently, contracts with an outside company and the installation costs $500.

Is this the best way to do the installation, or is there another way to go.

Different models I should consider, features?

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
Gary44

Best Buy will install remote starters starting at about 200. Also might try some places like auto glass shops or detailers. 500 seems a little high to me.

Reply to
jp103

As for the dealer, you are too late. I made it the "deal maker" when I bought. There are plenty of independent shops that do stereo and starter installs. They run about $200 (parts and labor) for something decent. I've had them in my last couple of cars and really like them. If I expect frost in the AM, AI push the defroster on when I park the night before.

Even in summer, it is nice to start it just a minute or two ahead and avoid that blast furnace when you open the door on a hot sunny day.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski