remote starter question for group.

My 2001 santafe remote start only works when I hold the remote 1 ft. from the antennae.. Is their a resource or faq somewhere that might help in troubleshooting? Obviously the antenna is a logical place to start,I tried the only installer in town,but they wont touch it because they did not install it. nearest city is 5 hrs drive. the remote start is an astrostart 11`00 or 2100 series. thanks for your help. zenox.

Reply to
zenox

Have you changed the battery in the remote?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
zenox

That being the case, I would suspect a broken antenna connection in the receiver.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Easiest fix is to hard wire it with a 500' extension cord.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
zenox