Replacement Rearview Mirror Possible?

We weren't able to get our 06 Sonata with the factory homelink rearview mirror installed. I was hoping to get one aftermarket, but several websites
said that you could not install aftermarket mirrors on all Hyundais. Is this correct? Is there no way to remove the factory mirror without ruining the windshield?
TIA,
Dan
You should be able to unbolt or unclip the factory mirror. But if you don't currently have any wiring going to the mirror, this could complicate matters greatly.